Saturday, October 1, 2011

on the reason for this blog

This is a space about home. About why we need it. What it is. Its plumage and profusions. The shapes, dreams and fears at its literal foundations. It is also a journey of home. It marks the beginning of an idea, and the rough sketch of a larger body of work to come. 


I have opened this space as an embarkation point for an odyssey. And this is a declaration of sorts; a way of holding myself to a realisation and a promise. It is from here that I will put words to a journey that began long ago, and that I hope now to chart out. The methods are multiple. I will be going back in time, around the world, into the present and out into the speculative. 


This is a space about home...A cartography of human desire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment